Job Description •
*Remote Opportunities Available**
Zendesk is seeking a Senior Accountant within our Global Accounting organization! This role will be essential in building a world class accounting organization to support our growth. This position will play a crucial role in our month end process, ensuring financial information is prepared timely and accurately. This candidate will thrive in a fast paced environment and bring an improvement mindset. We’re seeking an ambitious problem solver, with agility and strong collaboration skills.
• Participate in the month-end close process, including journal entries, performing reconciliations, and preparing analysis, ensuring accuracy of financial information.
• Research and propose resolutions for issues or discrepancies.
• Ensure compliance with, document conclusions on and prepare accounting entries for sophisticated technical areas such as Leases (ASC 842), capitalized commissions (ASC 340/ASC 606), and Internal Use Software (ASC 350).
• Prepare analysis to support internal and external reporting needs.
• Assist in developing and implementing scalable accounting processes to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting.
• Build relationships with cross functional partners with a focus on developing an understanding of key issues, risks, and business drivers.
• Document key processes and conclusions in audit ready form.
• Assist with internal and external auditors on related requests and documentation
• Assist with ad-hoc analysis and special projects as needed Experience
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting or equivalent
• 4-7 years work experience including “Big 4” public accounting and public company experience
• CPA or CPA equivalent a plus
• Solid understanding and application of US GAAP, SEC regulations, and SOX/internal controls
• Excellent problem solving, analytical, and organization skills
• Masterful Excel skills
• Ability to execute, follow-up, and ensure attention to detail
• An inquisitive mind, with a willingness to learn new things
• A team player with the desire to roll up your sleeves and be hands on with a mindset that no job is too big or too small.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
• Adept at building relationships across the organization
• Ability to enforce to deadlines in a fast-paced environment, without sacrificing accuracy
• Experience with NetSuite and Blackline a plus Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships.
It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. More than 150,000 paid customer accounts in over 150 countries and territories use Zendesk products. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Interested in knowing what we do in the community? Check out the Zendesk Neighbor Foundation to learn more about how we engage with, and provide support to, our local communities.
Zendesk is an equal opportunity employer, and we’re proud of our ongoing efforts to foster diversity & inclusion in the workplace. Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, medical condition, ancestry, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
By submitting your application, you agree that Zendesk may collect your personal data for recruiting, global organization planning, and related purposes. Zendesk’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Zendesk may process, where Zendesk may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information, and the rights you can exercise over Zendesk’s use of your personal information