The Estimation Manager will execute tendering process and pricing of new projects being tendered and interprets the commercial requirements and possible risks associated with Contracts, corresponding drawings and specifications associated with each project.
– Review proposal specifications, sketching and attending pre-bid meetings to determine required contents of estimate and scope of works.
– Providing complete conceptual and final estimating input on complex projects.
– Track awarded contracts as required which may include pricing/estimating/ extra work items, change orders; procuring materials, preparing sub-contracts, etc.
– Adept in handling Estimation & pre-contract related activities involving cost planning & budgeting for Bids.
– Evaluating the tenders and BOQ, Review contract, commercial terms and asses’ risks.
– Prepare and submit accurate cost estimation and competitive commercial offers.
– Coordinating with Project Execution team and commercial for monitoring costs (Cost Control).
– Preparation of estimation for variation works, claims and valuations.
– Correspondence with client, contractor and consultant in getting the tender and project Estimation of budget cost considering the drawings and soil conditions of construction site
– Analyzing the project documents and coordinate with the Procurement Department for available Raw Material Suppliers and their Price as per the specifications & drawings received.
– Receive all Quotations for the Raw Materials from Procurement Department and review the same for the best possible offer.
– Liaison with consultant and attending progress meetings.
– Must have a Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering.
– At least 15 years work experience in estimation, proposals and project execution in infrastructure and roads construction.
– Advanced knowledge of estimation strategies and techniques.
– Thorough understanding of construction, contracts and terminology.
– Experience working with a leading contractor, performing multi-million estimates for infrastructure projects.
– A good knowledge of the local market including sub-contractors.
– Proficient with engineering software applications and computer proficiency required.
About the Company
Bin Omran Trading and Contracting is a Grade “A” Qatari Contracting Company, which specializes mostly in project management, execution, construction and Design Build for roads work and infrastructure projects.
BOTC is highly committed to continuously upgrading its performances to keep pace with emerging needs of the market and ultimately achieving client satisfactions. BOTC recognizes that its success comes from and is attributed to its engineers and staff. Without their ingenuity, commitments and hard work, BOTC would not be the success story it is today or the company we are striving to be tomorrow.
BOTC also has a long history of delivering all its projects on time mostly within budget and to the high quality demanded by the client. These are the major traditions that made BOTC valued by its clients, and as our CEO, Dori Labaki says: “The road to a successful partnership is paved with guaranteed unrivaled professionalism and quality. At BOTC, we have also secured an award-winning reputation with our clients built on mutual respect and shared value, and have grown into a good leading business institution in Qatar. It is with this confidence that we look forward to many more years of prosperity ahead.”